Lions Camp Horizon provides a fun summer camp experience for individuals from eight years of age throughout adulthood. Here campers get a chance to make new friends, learn new skills, and create unforgettable memories in an environment focused on acceptance and with an emphasis on the remarkable things they can accomplish. We strive to accept everyone who applies for admission. But, with the safety of each camper, our staff, and our volunteers in mind, each applicant must meet the following standards. Final discretion falls to our Camp Director and Health Administrator.
1. The applicant must be able to benefit physically, mentally, and/or socially from our activities and programs.
2. The applicant must have a desire and willingness to participate in most of our activities.
3. The applicant must have a diagnosed developmental and/or medical disability appropriate to our programs.
4. The applicant must have a level of health and behavioral continuity manageable in our camp setting. Some examples of conditions that are, or, may not be appropriate for admission include but aren’t limited to:
5. The applicant must be adaptable to a group living environment and be able to do the following:
An applicant will not be admitted the day of check-in if his/her health endangers others or if there is a problem requiring the attention of a physician. Such conditions include but are not limited to:– A temperature of 100 degrees or above
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Upon receipt, camp staff will review the application as quickly as possible and will make every attempt to fulfill your choice of session(s). Following review, you will receive an email advising the status (acceptance, added to out “wait list”, denial, or incomplete application.) We appreciate your interest in our summer camp programs and thank you for your patience during this process.